Financial Literacy Programme
This is underway in 50 villages of Sri Nagar, Silora, Pisangan and Bhinay panchayat samitis of Ajmer district.
To link the poor with banking system so as to get rid of them from poverty. The project aims at imparting information to the common man so the poor and financially weak people can access low cost timely financial services under financial inclusion.
Spreading information through jagrookta rath that staged street plays and puppet shows. The messages were:
- Invest time in productive works (earning)
- Small savings lead to large savings
- Keep savings amount in banks and earn interest on that
- Invest savings money in business and earn money
- Get zero balance account opened and form SHG
- Kisan credit card, general credit card
- Self-employment credit card, joint liability group
- Benefits of insurance
Contact was established with the local banks and accounts of 1,250 people were opened.
Funded By: National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development, NABARD