Early Literacy Programme
Three women schools in two villages Singara and Ralawata in two gram panchayats (Thal and Ralawata) of Silora panchayat Samiti are running. Decision to start these women schools was taken in cluster meetings of self help groups. Before the commencement of the project a survey was also carried out in the villages. The main aim of the project is to promote functional literacy among the women members of SHGs so that they can become functionally literate.
- To develop functional literacy for improving SHG capacity
- To empower SHG women and develop self-confidence among them
- To promote women participation in developmental activities in the villages
- To influence environment of literacy among women associated with shgs
- To make women aware of the problems they face in reading and writing
- To hold meetings with community, SHG and SHG clusters
- To select timing, venue and teachers
- Selection process of women and teachers
- Selection of timing and venue for running the school
- Teachers’ training
- Start of women schools
- Visit to ELP school
Before the start of the project the women did not have knowledge of alphabet. Gradually women have started reading and writing and their confidence level has gone up.
Funded By: Tata AIA CSR