Micro Enterprise Development Training Programme
This is underway in four villages of Sri Nagar, Silora and Bhinay panchayat samitis of Ajmer district. The trades were papad, mangodi, spice grinding, candle making, incense stick making and jewellery making.
- To make women self-reliant and self-sustaining
- To link women with income generation after employment oriented training
- To produce quality products and emphasise on their use
- To improve financial status of women and ensure identity as earning member
- To impart knowledge of external environment to women
- To free women from loans of money lenders
These included both theory and practical.
- Linkage with self-employment
- Helpful in becoming self-reliant
- Availability of local employment
- Employment to other members of family
- Separate identity to women
Funded By: National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development, NABARD